About Sheri Pawlik
A financial professional for over 30 years, with undergraduate and graduate degrees in Finance and Accounting, Sheri Pawlik provides companies with on-site chief financial officer services on an as needed basis.
She has experience providing financial guidance and support to executives at several service and retail related emerging and midsize companies as well as General Motors, Chrysler and Mopar.
- By developing and reviewing key metrics with owners and key management, Sheri has assisted companies that lost money in prior years, become profitable.
- She has improved the cash flow at her clients by implementing cash flow projections and better cash management strategies.
- Sheri has helped her clients maximize the value they received upon the sale of their companies, by working with them to improve their financial position and then supporting the due diligence and sale process.
- She has worked with clients to purchase other companies as well: developing financial projections, providing and meeting with funding sources and supporting the due diligence effort.
- Upon the purchase of companies, she has implemented new accounting software and trained the new accounting staff.
- Sheri has a diverse background having worked in the manufacturing and retail arenas and service sector. In addition, she provided CFO services to a nationally known, non-profit, racing organization.
- At Mopar, she managed 6 people on the controller’s staff, analyzing and controlling distribution costs, manufacturing expense, material economics, sales, pricing, and overall profitability and cash performance.
- She was the project manager of the development and launch of an accounting/finance system, which distributes over $9 billion in incentives annually.
Sheri’s expertise is in cash and profit budgeting/forecasting, cost accounting, cash flow improvement, profitability analysis and trend analysis of actual and future revenues and costs. She uses this information to help with strategic planning, daily management, funding conversations and mergers and acquisition decisions.
Sheri has been an advisor to executives, working with their staffs to identify key performance metrics, isolating the operational drivers (such as pricing, sales mix, economics, labor hours, etc.).
- The executives can then know which “lever” they have pulled, and should pull in the future to maximize profits and cash.
- She has used these skills to increase revenue and decrease the cost of material, transportation and manufacturing.
- Once the drivers are identified, she works to develop standardized, reliable reports to help the executives manage day-to-day operations.
Her primary strengths include:
- Strong working relationships with executives and staff,
- Proven analytical capabilities,
- Energy, passion and a drive to do whatever it takes to achieve results.
As a long time resident of southeast Michigan, Sheri has a strong network of professional contacts in automotive, banking, accounting, legal, insurance and human resources.
Sheri graduated with honors from Michigan State University with a BA in Finance and from Wayne State University with an MBA in Accounting.
She has 2 teenage daughters. She enjoys running, yoga, boating, skiing and golf. She strives to use her talents to give to others. In her spare time, she created a charitable group through her church to help less fortunate people in the Detroit area. In addition, she was the first woman President of her local church.
- Michigan State University
- Wayne State University
Certificates & Licenses:
- Bachelor of Arts in Financial Management
- Master of Business Administration — Accounting Emphasis
- Detroit Athletic Club (DAC)
- Motor City Connect / Linked In
- The Financial Executive Networking Group (FENG)