About Debra Christein
I bring clarity and focused solutions to perceived obstacles and create plans of action that propel small-to-mid-sized companies to the next level. I partner with small business owners on developing financial/operational systems and procedures that support sustainable, thriving businesses. ??DebraChristein@B2BCFO.com??
With 30 years’ experience working with small-to-mid-sized companies on the financial management of their businesses, I bring a wealth of expertise and experience to small business owners that need solutions and plans to move their businesses forward. I work with business owners on managing IMMEDIATE NEEDS and/or planning for LONG-TERM NEEDS and BUSINESS TRANSITION.
SELLING FREEDOM & ACHIVIEVING CLIENTS’ GOALS
In the past six years, I have worked with over 60 companies and built a thriving business consultancy from the ground up. I’ve provided CLARITY, FOCUS and PLANNING to clients in a wide variety of industries.
I’ve worked with business owners to:
- Improve cash flow
- Transition or sell a business
- Increase credit lines at lower interest rates
- Set up the finance structure and procedures to support growing businesses
- Create models to guide decisions about operations management and strategic direction
- Untangle messes left by bad-fit employees
- Train staff to take over Controller roles
- Resolve other finance-related challenges
When I work with clients the only items on my agenda, are their goals. Business owners worry. Sometimes they worry about the wrong things. I come in and show them what to worry about and fix it. Bottom line, I sell FREEDOM for the business owner.
WHOLEHEARTED COMMITMENT TO SMALL BUSINESS OWNERS
Small business owners are part of what makes America great. I am inspired by the risks taken by small business owners. I admire their dedication to take a dream/passion and turn it into a business. I am honored and humbled when a business owner entrusts their business to me.
Reach out to me to achieve your business goals.
- University of Michigan, MBA
- Miami University of Ohio, BA, MS
Certificates & Licenses:
- Treasurer and Board Member, Ann Arbor Art Center
- Finance Committee and Board Member, A2Y Regional Chamber
- New Enterprise Forum, Program Committee
Articles by Debra Christein
- Education to Engage Employees
- Ceremony – What’s it Got to do with Business?
- The Other Cyber Crime
- Do you Want to Be a Great Leader or a Good Leader?
- Life is More Interesting at the Edges
- Finish Big
- Sandwich, Anyone?
- What You See Is What You Get – Or Is It?
- Big Data for Small Business
- A Challenge for Small Business
- The Companies With the Best Data Win
- What You See Is What You Get – or Is It?
- What’s in YOUR slingshot?
- The “A” word – yes, it’s ACCOUNTABILITY
- Is it REALLY better to give than receive?
- Being Busy and the Meaning of Life
- Proper Planning, Persistance and Performance Tracking
- What You Don’t Know CAN Hurt You…
- Vacations are Good for Business!
- How Confused are You by Health Care Reform?
- What makes a Business Model "Flight-Worthy"?
- Is Your Company Thriving or Just Surviving: Does balancing your bank statement take more than 10-15 minutes?
- My Shotgun Approach to Marketing
- Is your company Thriving or just Surviving: Do you know how your business model is set up to perform and how you actual performance compares?
- Is your company Thriving or just Surviving: Do you use the Accounts Payable to manage your bills?
- Thriving not just Surviving in your Business: Do you close the month within 10 days of the end of the month and run (and review) regular reports and metrics?
- • Thriving or just Surviving: Is there an independent verifiable process to ensure that 100% of invoices go to the client in a timely manner?
- Are you Thriving or just Surviving in your Business? Is your AP turnaround low and your AR collections high?
- Thriving or Surviving: Is getting invoices out to customers your highest priority?
- Are you making building your business harder than it has to be?
- Inside the Investor/Investee Relationship
- New York Times supports CFO's for small business
- The Dance of Business: 7 Steps to Success
- Why I love being a B2B CFO®
- Why I love being a B2B CFO®
- May offers special event for business women in SE Michigan
- It's smart business to help your banker help you
- Angel Investor tips
- CFO Encourages Business Owners to Dream