Being a green company is more that offering a few green products or services to customers who ask for them. You must also provide leadership that inspires your customers to improve their environmental practices and offering the expertise to assist them. It’s not just “talking the talk,” but “walking the talk.”
Here are some examples to help your business to become more “green.”
- Set up a recycling program and quantify the materials and volumes you capture.
- Implement green-building strategies in your building such as lighting retrofits which reduce energy and save money or install faucet aerators and low-flow toilets.
- Provide incentives for workers who bike, walk, carpool or take public transportation.
- Switch to hybrid vehicles and focus on efficient routes to reduce mileage.
- Take a hard look at your internal operations and replace office supplies, like copier paper, toner cartridges and marketing materials with recycled or remanufactured products.
It’s time to take green to the next level. Make green your company’s goal. It’s not too late to start.