I recently read an article I really liked by Brian Christian, one of my partners in B2B CFO® about hiring the right banker. There is a lot of grumbling about bankers today, but the truth is that banks don’t stay in business if they don’t lend out money – it’s their job! Meeting with a prospective banker is very much like meeting with a interviewee for a managerial position in your company. A banker becomes a valued advisor and team player so it’s important to do some upfront homework:
- Does this bank offer the services I am interested in?
- Does this bank have other clients in my industry?
- Will this bank be able to service my company as it grows?
- Is this bank a good fit for my business?
- What do their clients say about them? their flexibility? their responsiveness?
For the complete article, go to http://bit.ly/guooN0