Providing CFO services in Michigan
Oak Park, MI CFO
28 Years of Experience
Columbia University, University of Pittsburgh
FENG (Financial Executives Network Group), Michigan Business & Professional Association (MBPA)
Contact Edward Allon and receive a free Discovery Analysis™
- A confidential meeting with the business owner(s), then interview company staff.
- Look at the company’s financial information and computer systems.
- Benchmark financial information against industry averages.
- Create a confidential report of our findings in The Strategy Gameplan™
Ed is a high energy executive with over 25 years of finance and operating experience as a controller, chief financial officer, and chief operating officer for companies in a number of industries. His broad experience and strategic perspective make him an effective finance leader and trusted advisor. He has worked extensively with both large corporations and small, entrepreneurial firms, and has integrated the best of both: the process orientation and professionalism of multinational companies, and the non-bureaucratic approach of smaller enterprises.
Ed’s hands-on problem solving approach has resulted in a number of significant wins for the enterprises with whom he has worked. Among other things he has:
- Managed finances of $15 million not-for-profit organization during multi-year economic downturn, providing strategic support by focusing on core competencies and maximizing assets. During his tenure, the organization had surplus operating budgets every year.
- Revamped accounts payable and receivable department for $10 million retailer, reducing supplier disputes by 80%.
- Introduced robust daily cash flow forecast for not-for-profit company, eliminating cash shortfalls and improving relations with bank.
- Successfully negotiated line of credit renewals twice during nationwide credit freeze.
- Initiated strategic and operational turn around for $5 million health care provider, resulting in 12% revenue growth in four months.
- Identified and successfully negotiated manufacturing change, resulting in over $2 million in annual material savings at major automotive company.
- Negotiated economic concessions in multi-year union contract.
- Led and directed $15 million material cost reduction program for a multi-division international Tier 1 automotive supplier.
- Provided critical finance support to E-level team negotiating union contract at major utility; Designed management decision model.
Ed brings a passion for excellence and a “can-do” attitude to everything that he does. He believes that it is the role of finance to maximize a company’s assets by preserving cash, establishing accurate budgets and robust forecasts, and investing intelligently in growth. He has a large number of skills and strengths to solve problems and create opportunities for growth, including:
- Experience in automotive manufacturing (OEM and Tier 1), not-for-profit, retail, health care, and other industries
- Capital Budgeting
- Budgeting, Forecasting, Business & Strategic Plans
- Internal Controls & Risk Management
- Maximizing Cash Flow
- Cash Management & Treasury
- Cost Accounting
- Legal Affairs & Intellectual Property
- Mergers & Acquisitions, Real Estate, Operations
- Board of Directors relations
- Working with Independent Auditors
- Managing IT and HR functions
- Contract Negotiations
As a long time resident of Southeast Michigan, Ed has an extensive network of contacts in the banking, legal, business, insurance, and civic communities.
Ed received his bachelor’s degree from Columbia University, and has an MBA from the University of Pittsburgh.
Ed and his wife live in Oak Park, MI where they are active in a number of communal organizations. They are the parents of six children and two grandchildren.
Contact Edward (248) 677-1159
Why I chose CFO in Detroit
Why I chose to be a CFO in Detroit
Detroit is a great city in the midst of transition. Together with the suburan towns it is a place that has seen its primary industry go to brink and back. From Livonia and Dearborn in Wayne County, to Birmingham, Southfield, and Farmington Hills in Oakland County, to Warren and Sterling Heights in Macomb County, the greater Detroit area is once again booming with the sound of manufacturing and service industries. This is a great place to work and live.
These days, companies need to stay flexible to meet and beat the competition. One of the ways that they can do that is with a part-time CFO like me. As a part-time CFO, I can meet with one client in Royal Oak on one day, a second client in Detroit on another, and a third one in West Bloomfield on a third day. On the following days I can meet clients in Troy, Southgate, Pontiac, Auburn Hills, and everywhere in between.